Serious consideration for a defence financing corporation, along the lines of the Indian Railways Finance Corporation, is needed.
GST is still a complicated regime with varying slabs, not easy to comprehend or comply with, and open to interpretation.
As growth is poised to dip into negative, the budget should cut fiscal restraints as much as possible.
Low interest rates & high inflation have yielded nil or even negative returns.
India is expected to grow at 10% next fiscal to become one of the fastest-growing economies in Asia-Pasific.
One of the three major drivers for high inflation during the pandemic is the huge disruptions in the supply side factors.
The credit-starved Indian market provides a opportunity for universal banks to explore and grow profitably.
Automakers like Ford and GM feel unwanted, as evidenced in high taxes & levies on luxury car items.
There is no obvious magic wand to deliver a quick cure. Govt needs to boost business & consumer confidence.
At 4%, India’s total healthcare expenditure as a % of GDP is amongst the lowest globally.
Budget 2021-22 must re-orient expenditure in the right direction to get maximum bang for the buck.
It would be safer to expect that jobs wouldn’t come flooding to a job seeker in the new year.
- Fiscal deficit: Walking a tightropeAn elevated deficit has large and long-lasting implications on many other factors of the economy.
- Rupee's post-pandemic courseThe Rupee is likely to trade in the narrow range of 71-73.5 as traders expect relative stable exchange rate
- A pandemic era realty checkFavourable market conditions and the need to own a home on grounds of safety is expected to fuel demand in the property markets in 2021.
- Pre-Budget India P&L statementThe country’s trade balance has also benefited from reduced imports from China as well as lower oil prices.
- Manufacturing not out of the woods yetUnder Modi 2.0, manufacturing output contracted in 11 out of the 19 months since FY20.
- Agri stands out in the year of the pandemicDuring the April to June 2020, agriculture was the only sector to register growth.
- Making sense of govt's GDP dataGrowth had been on a steady decline since the last quarter of FY18, save for a marginal 0.1% sequential increase in Q4FY19.
- Jobs: A prime cause for concern for FMUrban employment in India in the January-March quarter 2020 stood at 9.1%, higher than 7.9% in the preceding quarter.
- Looking back at a year unlike anyThe year 2020 would go down in the annals of history as one of uncertainty, pessimism and return of hope.
- Services sector loses more steam in DecThe IHS Markit India Services Business Activity Index dropped to 52.3 in December from 53.7 in November.
- It's been raining foreign moneyWith repayments exceeding disbursals during the quarter, external commercial borrowings worth $4.2 billion were reversed.
Markets & Budget
- NBFCs seek TDS exemption on interest income
- Budget 2021: Spend, as there is tomorrow
- What can the Budget do to direct and indirect taxes?
- What are D-Street's most-awaited events in 2021? Here's what analysts say
- ETMarkets Investors' Guide: Will Budget trigger a rally in cyclical stocks?
- Govt spending key to sustaining rural consumption growth: Arvind Singhal, Technopak
- Prioritise, boost infrastructure & sell PSUs promptly, says Raghuram Rajan
Budget Trending TermsRaghuram RajanNirmala SitharamanBudget expectationsBudget 2021What is Union BudgetTypes of government budgetUnion budget 2021Budget dateBudget FAQsFiscal policyWhat is Divestment?Income Tax Calculator
Union Budget 2021 goes paperless: Hard copies not be printed for the first time since Independence
Taxes & You
- Budget 2021 could give more tax relief on medical expenditure, insurance in wake of Covid
- Middle class set to gain from higher tax deductions likely in Budget 2021
- Budget 2021: Personal finance expectations
- Grey's anatomy: Will Nirmala Sitharaman give senior citizens a leg-up in Budget 2021?
For India's silver generation, the pandemic could not have come at a worse time. The virus has only accelerated the interest rate cycle's journey southward. What may have looked like nest eggs, now seem grossly inadequate. Has coronavirus complicated post-retirement plans for Indians?Click to Comment
Sectors In Focus
- Seropositivity for COVID-19 found to be lesser in smokers, vegetarians: CSIR survey
- Metropolis Healthcare to acquire Hitech Diagnostic Centre in a cash, stock deal
- 2,24,301 beneficiaries given vaccine so far; 447 cases of adverse effect reported: Health ...
- Vaccination Day 1: 'Wait and watch' approach, CoWin app snags blamed for 53% turnout in De...
- Uttar Pradesh: Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered on first day of inoculatio...
- Covid vaccination drive: In Delhi, 51 mild reactions, one in hospital for two hours
- Pfizer, BioNTech to scale-up vaccine production amid reports on shortage in deliveries
- India's jumbo-sized vaccine rollout in numbers
- Covid-19: The new normal of isolated work is becoming a new threat to public health
- Medical experts back both Serum Institute and Bharat Biotech's vaccines in India
- Indian garment exporters start getting orders again with Covid-19 vaccination roll out
- Urban demand picks up after 3 quarters; though rural growth still robust
- Apparel prices to remain soft in second half of current fiscal: Report
- Dabur forays into ghee category
- Samsung unveils flagship Galaxy S21 series, Buds Pro
- Rage Coffee raises funds from GetVantage
- Mother Dairy expands packaged sweets portfolio; aims Rs 100 crore revenue in 2-3 years
- NCLT passes order to liquidate dairy firm Kwality
- Fashion designer Manish Malhotra launches his first ever virtual store
- FSSAI extends deadline for trans fat reduction in edible oils
- 8 trends that are reshaping pandemic-hit startup world
- BharatPe raises Rs 90 crore in debt funding from Alteria Capital
- India's top unicorn founders share their experience of building large businesses
- PM Narendra Modi announces Rs 1,000-crore 'Startup India Seed Fund'
- Debt trap: Inside the world of shady digital lending apps
- Top investors seek play for LIC, NPS in VC funds
- Messaging app Signal faces global outage days after adding millions of users
- Snapchat wants you to post. They're willing to pay millions
- Positive about double-digit services growth in FY22: HCL chief C Vijayakumar
- Shortage of semi-conductors hit Indian shores, Ford India to shut the plant for a week
- Luxury car makers seek reduction in taxes on automobiles in upcoming Budget
- Looking to enhance customer experience at dealerships in India: Kia
- Bridgestone India launches new tyre for commercial vehicle segment
- Honda City tops mid-sized sedan segment in 2020 with sale of 21,826 units
- Maruti rolls out online finance platform in Arena dealerships across 30 cities
- CEAT to supply tyres to Royal Enfield for its 650cc Interceptor range
- At 18 lakh, car sales crash to 10-year low in April-December
- SUVs giving sedans the boot in India, market share jumps to more than doubles to 29%
- Auto companies wary of price hikes despite surge in input costs
- NMDC sets 100 MT iron ore production target by 2030
- GE T&D to sell global engineering operation division to GE India Industrial for Rs 87 cror...
- Top steelmakers in que to secure vaccine shots for employees and healthcare workers
- Tata's 'clean' steel behind new care home VisitorPods in UK
- L&T receives multiple orders in domestic market
- Cabinet approves mining reforms
- Coal India raises capex budget by 30% to Rs 13,000 crore for FY21
- L&T receives multiple orders in domestic, overseas market
- Where is the cartelisation?: SICMA President N Srinivasan questions builder lobby
- Engineering exporters seek govt intervention to stem steel prices
- A chance to bridge India's competitiveness gap of $80 billion
- Tax policy changes to boost post Covid-19 economic recovery
- Global economic outlook dims on virus’s surge ahead of vaccines
- Exporters in a post-Covid world need finance and favourable trade winds
- Pack it, ship it: Covid and surge of online shopping amps up an entire sector
- What is India selling to the world in the middle of a pandemic?
- Factory workers are returning, to labour and an uncertain life
- How can India build globally competitive MSMEs?
- Smaller firms worse hit than larger ones during Pandemic: Crisil
- Government looking at new plans, laws to solve MSME receivables issue: Gadkari
Common Man's Budget
- Ideas for a better Budget: Women’s health, maternal leave and safety
- Job creation, lower taxes, fiscal stimulus, fast-track reforms: Consumer companies' Budget demand
- 20 tax, investing and other personal finance ideas for the Finance Minister
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman promises a vibrant Budget 2021
बजट हिंदी में
- वर्क फ्रॉम होम पर बजट में कर्मचारियों को मिल सकती है टैक्स छूट
- चालू वित्त वर्ष में अर्थव्यवस्था में 7.5 प्रतिशत तक गिरावट आएगी : विरमानी
- कोरोना से बेहाल अर्थव्यवस्था के लिए रघुराम राजन के 10 सुझाव
- महिलाओं को सशक्त बनाने के लिए जरूरी है कैश इनसेंटिव स्कीम