- Spicy investment! Ditch onions for these stocks to make a quick buck | News09 Dec 2019, 02:01PM IST
Of the 2,213 actively-traded stocks on BSE, as many as 1,488 now trade below Rs 140.
- DHFL: RBI retains its 3-member advisory panel | News04 Dec 2019, 08:21PM IST
On November 22, the central bank had constituted a three-member advisory committee.
- Reserve Bank sends DHFL to NCLT for debt resolution | News30 Nov 2019, 09:39AM IST
First financial services company to go for bankruptcy resolution.
- Mutual funds will join DHFL resolution process: Sebi chief | News20 Nov 2019, 08:54PM IST
Amid the crisis at DHFL, RBI on Wednesday superseded the board of the company.
- Central Bank of India reports higher Rs 6,430 cr loss for FY19 on NPA divergence | Earnings19 Nov 2019, 08:40PM IST
The net NPA divergence -- the difference between the NPAs reported by the bank and that assessed by the RBI -- was at Rs 2,565 crore for 2018-19.
- YES Bank’s FY19 profit shrinks on Rs 2,299 crore NPA divergence | Earnings19 Nov 2019, 08:23PM IST
Adjusted profit for FY19 after taking into account divergence in provisioning was Rs 1,084 cr.
- CBI searches 190 locations in bank fraud cases worth over Rs 7200 crore | News05 Nov 2019, 03:03PM IST
The cases pertain to State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Andhra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Indian Overseas Bank, Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, Dena Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank, Central Bank of India, Union Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra and Bank of India.
- Indian Overseas Bank shares plummet over 14% on Q2 loss | Earnings05 Nov 2019, 01:14PM IST
The state-owned lender reported widening of its net loss to Rs 2,253.64 crore in Q2.
- The unsafe vaults: With the financial system hit by defaults, is it time to resurrect an old law? | News16 Oct 2019, 08:48AM IST
The govt dropped a law aimed at dealing with the blow-up of financial services cos due to a misplaced campaign that depositors’ money would be used to bail out failed banks, but now is it time to bring it back to fire up the economic engine.
- Indian overseas bank mobilises Rs 500 crore | News21 Sep 2019, 06:07PM IST
Funds raised would be used to meet the 'growth' requirements of the bank apart from regulatory requirements.
- Fresh capital may not help banks exit PCA immediately | News30 Aug 2019, 11:10PM IST
They may also tend to use most of the new capital to expand lending instead of making loan provisions unlike what several other weak banks did earlier.
- Bank recap: PNB to get Rs 16,000 crore, Union Bank Rs 11,700 crore | News30 Aug 2019, 05:17PM IST
Among other banks, Bank of Baroda will receive Rs 7,000 crore in recapitalisation.
- Market Movers: What changed for D-Street while you were sleeping | News29 Aug 2019, 08:04AM IST
Here is breaking down the pre-market actions.
- After Market: Voda Idea tanks; DHFL, CCD rally; 153 stocks@52-week lows | News19 Aug 2019, 05:34PM IST
With 13.17 crore shares changing hands, Vodafone Idea emerged as the most traded stock on NSE.
- RBI imposes penalty of Rs 8.5 crore on 11 banks | News05 Aug 2019, 08:43PM IST
The banks had delayed or did not report frauds to RBI resulting in non-compliance with its directions.
- RBI imposes fine of Rs 11 crore on seven public sector banks | News02 Aug 2019, 07:33PM IST
The RBI in a separate notice also declared a Rs.1 crore fine on Corporation Bank for a cybersecurity related noncompliance.
- ARCs expect around 20% return on investments in BMM Ispat sticky loans | News27 Jul 2019, 08:26AM IST
Edelweiss ARC and IndoStar Capital bought loans at about Rs 1,500 crore
- Market Movers: What changed for D-Street while you were sleeping | News10 Jun 2019, 08:01AM IST
Let us check out the factors that may move Dalal Street all through Monday.
- State-run banks exploring QIP route to raise capital | News13 May 2019, 08:33PM IST
he size of QIPs by state-owned banks could be in the range of Rs 19,000-Rs 32,000 crore
- Improving asset quality set to lift future bank profits | Earnings13 May 2019, 08:43AM IST
Industry leaders SBI, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank improved their loan quality with significant reduction in non-performing assets (NPA).
- Indian Overseas Bank Q4 loss narrows to Rs 1,985 crore | Earnings09 May 2019, 08:36PM IST
The public sector lender reported a loss of Rs 3,606.73 crore for January-March 2018.
- IOB looks to raise Rs 850 crore via sale of non-core assets | News06 May 2019, 08:48PM IST
The city-based bank said it plans to raise the amount from sale of properties and investments.
- Pessimism is high in this space but better don’t ignore it | News17 Apr 2019, 11:23AM IST
It could just be the time to nibble at select names from this basket.
- Union Bank of India raises Rs 426 crore vis ESPS, falls short of target | News28 Mar 2019, 08:25PM IST
The bank allotted 7.29 crore equity shares at Rs 58.49 a share to employees under the ESPS.
- Allahabad Bank targets Rs 500 crore from non-core asset sale | News15 Mar 2019, 04:08PM IST
"Allahabad Bank has come out of the PCA. It is only the starting point," said MD and CEO.
- Indian Overseas Bank, Central Bank jump over 4% on rating upgrades | News11 Mar 2019, 02:49PM IST
Moody's has also upgraded their Baseline Credit Assessment (BCA) and Adjusted BCA to b2 from b3.
- Union Bank of India aims to raise Rs 470 crore via ESPS | News01 Mar 2019, 08:23PM IST
The Mumbai-based lender has also opened the door to immediate retirees for share purchase under ESPS.
- Allahabad Bank, IOB's stake sale in Universal Sompo General Insurance gathers pace | News20 Feb 2019, 08:46PM IST
The general insurance firm is now busy working on a future business plan as a pre-requisite for valuation.
- RBI penalises seven banks for violating various norms | News12 Feb 2019, 08:11PM IST
While Andhra Bank was fined Rs 10 crore, the other banks were fined Rs 15 crore each.
- S&P affirms IOB's ratings, keeps outlook stable | News11 Feb 2019, 05:59PM IST
The bank breached its regulatory capital requirements after a loss in the third quarter of FY19.
- Exit of BoI, BoM, OBC credit positive: Moody's | News07 Feb 2019, 01:36PM IST
Exiting the PCA will remove some of the lending restrictions, which the PCA plan imposed, on these banks.
- PCA stocks rally as FM sees more banks out of framework | News01 Feb 2019, 11:58AM IST
The restrictions were lifted after these banks provided a written commitment that they would comply with the norms of minimum regulatory capital.
- LIC completes acquisition of 51% stake in IDBI Bank | News21 Jan 2019, 01:08PM IST
LIC had been looking to enter the banking space by acquiring a majority stake in IDBI Bank.
- Additional fund infusion to help banks lower NPAs: ICRA | News08 Jan 2019, 07:10PM IST
ICRA expects most of these banks currently under the PCA to report second consecutive year of losses in FY19.
- RBI says banks under PCA report slower NPA growth in FY18 | News28 Dec 2018, 06:52PM IST
The PCA banks have also increased recoveries, while containing the growth in advances and deposits, reducing riskiness of assets and focusing on better rated assets.
- Capital adequacy and prompt corrective action | News19 Dec 2018, 10:47AM IST
The PCA framework is applicable only to commercial banks.
- Easing PCA norms will not help banks, NBFCs in the long-term, says analyst | News12 Dec 2018, 09:57AM IST
Eleven public sector banks are under the prompt corrective action .
- Government to infuse Rs 3,054 crore in Allahabad Bank in FY19 | News06 Dec 2018, 04:02PM IST
The government has plans to infuse Rs 42,000 crore in the state-owned banks by March-end.
- Indian Overseas Bank to issue 18.24 crore shares under ESPS scheme | News05 Dec 2018, 02:31PM IST
The Board of the bank, approved the issue and allotment of up to 18.24 cr equity shares.
- RBI panel may assess financials of 11 PSU banks | News05 Dec 2018, 07:11AM IST
The panel is scheduled to meet on Thursday to analyse latest financials of the 11 banks under the PCA.