Bihar election 2020: What opinion polls can learn from last election
- Why does BJP rake up Pakistan every time elections are held: Congress to Nadda
- 55.69 per cent voter turnout in 1st phase of Bihar assembly elections: Election Commission
'BJP-LJP govt will be formed in Bihar,' claims Chirag Paswan
Rahul Gandhi's Pakoda jibe at Nitish Kumar, PM Modi
PM Modi rakes up Ayodhya, 'jungle raj' at Bihar rally
Who gave permission to become General Dyer, asks Tejashwi Yadav on Munger violence
Bihar elections: Polling begins on 71 seats, fate of 1,066 candidates to be sealed today
Bihar: 2 improvised explosive devices defused in Aurangabad's Dhibra area
People of Bihar should vote to bring in change: Tejashwi Yadav
First phase to see voting on 71 seats, officials leave for polling stations
Bihar Election 2020: Nitish or Tejashwi, who has the edge in Phase 1
Why Nitish Kumar will remain CM if NDA comes to power
- Nitish Kumar's schemes to empower Mahadalits 'well-intentioned', but need proper implementation: Study
- Bihar polls: NDA may be hit by multiple factors in eight Vaishali seats this time
- Bihar elections 2020: Nitish Kumar’s charm drive on home turf Nalanda
- 1st phase of Bihar poll passes off peacefully with 54.26 per cent voter turnout
- 52.24 per cent turnout till 5 pm in Phase I of Bihar assembly polls: Chief Election Commissioner
- What are the dates of polling in Bihar? When are the results?Polling in Bihar will be held over 3 phases this time. The first phase of polling on October 28 will cover 71 seats. The second phase of polling on November 3 will cover 94 seats. The third phase of polling on November 7 will cover 78 seats. Counting of votes will be held on November 10. The tenure of the current Assembly is scheduled to end on November 29.
- Which are the main parties in the fray in Bihar elections? Who are the CM faces?The contest is mainly between the ruling National Democratic Alliance of JD(U)- BJP led by Nitish Kumar and the Opposition Grand Alliance with Tejashwi Yadav as its CM face.The Grand Alliance was the first to announce its seat sharing formula. Of the 243 total, the RJD will contest 144 seats, Congress-70 seats, CPI (ML)-19 seats, CPI-6 seats and CPM-4 seats. VIP and JMM will be accommodated from RJD’s quota, but the VIP is not happy with this.The JD(U) and RJD are likely to split the seats 50:50. Ram Vilas Paswan's LJP, which was formerly with the NDA, has broken ranks and would put up candidates against the JD(U). Jitan Ram Manjhi's Hindustani Awam Morcha (Secular), which was earlier with the Opposition , will be accommodated in the JD(U) quota.
- What are the Covid 19 precautions during Bihar polling?The maximum number of voters per polling station had been reduced from 1,500 to 1,000 to allow for social distancing.The EC Has made arrangements for 7 lakh units of hand sanitisers, 46 lakh masks and 6 lakh PPE kits, besides face shields and single use gloves.Covid-19 positive voters will be allowed to vote in the last hour of polling separately, under the supervision of local health officials. Timings for polling have been extended by an hour, to 6 pm, at all booths except those categorised as affected by Left Wing Extremism.
- How to file online nominations in Bihar elections?In the Bihar elections, because of the pandemic precautions, the Election Commission has given the option of online nomination filing of candidates. If a candidate wants to file the nomination physically, then only two persons can accompany him instead of five earlier. The number of vehicles has also been restricted to two, from five vehicles earlier. Filing of nominations may not be a show of strength.
- Postal ballot facilities for the elderly in Bihar electionsElection Commission has announced that all voters above the age of 80 years will get postal ballots to cast their votes. This option shall also be available to persons with physical disability and Covid-19 patients. Familiar pictures of elderly people lining up for voting on election day will be missing in Bihar this time.
- Small shopkeepers, youths, farmers angry with Modi and Nitish: Rahul Gandhi
- PM Modi does not talk about unemployment in his speeches: Rahul Gandhi
- PM Modi calls Tejashwi Yadav the "yuvraj" of "jungle raj"
- Narendra Modi rakes up Ayodhya, 'jungle raj' at Bihar rally
In central Bihar, people have moved on from 90s violence to talk about jobs
Bihar economy back on rails, we will win, says BJP president JP Nadda
We promise free Covid vaccine while Opposition wants to end prohibition: Ravi Shankar Prasad
At his rallies, RJD leader Tejashwi connects with locals, the Lalu way!
Political pursuits end family ties in Bhojpur as relatives set to face off
BJP-JDU is a win-win social coalition, not just poll alliance: Dharmendra Pradhan
Parties promise micro credit, permanent jobs, safety to women
Even if BJP gets more seats this time, Nitish will be Bihar CM: Fadnavis
BJP trains guns on RJD candidates' criminal history, tie up with CPI-ML
No need of ‘arrow’ in missile age: Tejashwi takes dig at JD(U)
- Bihar assembly elections 2020: Showdown after lockdown
- Voting begins for 71 seats in the phase 1 of Bihar assembly elections
- Bihar assembly elections 2020: Major issues affecting the electorate
- From green and white, it’s 'united colours of RJD'
- Officials with EVMs, masks reach booths as EC tries to win elections during Covid
- Political parties are working extensively on digital campaigns in the run-up to Bihar elections
- Bihar elections: First phase on Wednesday, 71 seats go to polls
- Phase I of Bihar polls will show which way the wind blows
- ADR files fresh plea in SC seeking urgent hearing on electoral bonds issue ahead of Bihar polls
- Nitish Kumar fires '8-9 kids' jibe; Tejashwi retorts with 'mentally tired' barb
- 34% candidates in 2nd phase Bihar polls face criminal cases: ADR report
- Confident of two-thirds majority; jobs a priority, will nullify Centre's farm laws: Tejashwi
- Tejashwi Yadav's aggressive challenge opens up Bihar's poll fight
- NGO moves SC against electoral bonds scheme ahead of Bihar assembly polls
- Time has come to usher a change in Bihar, Congress President Sonia Gandhi tells voters
- NDA will retain power with two-thirds majority, Nitish Kumar will be CM: Nityanand Rai
- Rahul Gandhi to address 2 poll meetings in Bihar on Wednesday
- Storm in favour of Grand Alliance now in Bihar similar to that for Modi in 2014: Rajeev Shukla
In Bihar polls, is migrant discontent an iceberg nobody spotted?
Bihar manifestos rain jobs, but the reality is grim
Nitish Kumar’s shifting slot in the jigsaw puzzle that is Bihar elections
Bread, God and BJP’s gambit in the Bihar elections
Chirag Paswan’s revolt is not possible without BJP’s 'tacit support'
BJP's rise under Narendra Modi decreases party's reliance on partners
Bihar Opposition faces in-house shortcomings in tapping JDU-BJP anti-incumbency
A brief history of Bihar polls: 17 Elections in 70 years
From virtual campaigning to postal ballots: 2020 Bihar elections will have many firsts