Win by even one vote is ultimately a victory: Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar
- Nitish Kumar erupts in anger in Bihar assembly
- BJP's Vijay Kumar Sinha elected Speaker of Bihar Assembly
Bihar election results: Kapil Sibal questions Congress leadership, says it may be 'business as usual'
Nitish Kumar to take oath as Bihar Chief Minister for 4th consecutive term
Bihar: NDA legislature party elects Nitish Kumar as party leader
Nitish Kumar will be CM, it was our commitment: Sushil Modi
‘Bihar mein bahaar aayi’: Prakash Javadekar on NDA’s triumph
People trusted PM Modi, says Chirag Paswan on NDA's win
NDA wins, BJP comes out with flying colours
PM Modi hails NDA win, says people have voted for development
Bihar poll results : Around 45% votes counted till 4 PM
Over 4 cr votes were cast, 92 lakh votes counted so far: Bihar Chief Electoral Officer
- NDA and Grand Alliance field candidates for Speaker's post in Bihar
- Smarting under poll defeat, RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav seeks to flex political muscle
- Bihar MLA from Asaduddin Owaisi's party takes oath in Urdu, but insists word 'Hindustan' be replaced with 'Bharat'
- 17th Bihar Assembly's inaugural session begins with members taking oath
- Bihar polls saw 1197 candidates with criminal antecedents contesting
- What are the dates of polling in Bihar? When are the results?Polling in Bihar will be held over 3 phases this time. The first phase of polling on October 28 will cover 71 seats. The second phase of polling on November 3 will cover 94 seats. The third phase of polling on November 7 will cover 78 seats. Counting of votes will be held on November 10. The tenure of the current Assembly is scheduled to end on November 29.
- Which are the main parties in the fray in Bihar elections? Who are the CM faces?The contest is mainly between the ruling National Democratic Alliance of JD(U)- BJP led by Nitish Kumar and the Opposition Grand Alliance with Tejashwi Yadav as its CM face.The Grand Alliance was the first to announce its seat sharing formula. Of the 243 total, the RJD will contest 144 seats, Congress-70 seats, CPI (ML)-19 seats, CPI-6 seats and CPM-4 seats. VIP and JMM will be accommodated from RJD’s quota, but the VIP is not happy with this.The JD(U) and RJD are likely to split the seats 50:50. Ram Vilas Paswan's LJP, which was formerly with the NDA, has broken ranks and would put up candidates against the JD(U). Jitan Ram Manjhi's Hindustani Awam Morcha (Secular), which was earlier with the Opposition , will be accommodated in the JD(U) quota.
- What are the Covid 19 precautions during Bihar polling?The maximum number of voters per polling station had been reduced from 1,500 to 1,000 to allow for social distancing.The EC Has made arrangements for 7 lakh units of hand sanitisers, 46 lakh masks and 6 lakh PPE kits, besides face shields and single use gloves.Covid-19 positive voters will be allowed to vote in the last hour of polling separately, under the supervision of local health officials. Timings for polling have been extended by an hour, to 6 pm, at all booths except those categorised as affected by Left Wing Extremism.
- How to file online nominations in Bihar elections?In the Bihar elections, because of the pandemic precautions, the Election Commission has given the option of online nomination filing of candidates. If a candidate wants to file the nomination physically, then only two persons can accompany him instead of five earlier. The number of vehicles has also been restricted to two, from five vehicles earlier. Filing of nominations may not be a show of strength.
- Postal ballot facilities for the elderly in Bihar electionsElection Commission has announced that all voters above the age of 80 years will get postal ballots to cast their votes. This option shall also be available to persons with physical disability and Covid-19 patients. Familiar pictures of elderly people lining up for voting on election day will be missing in Bihar this time.
- Row over corruption taint forces Bihar minister to step down hours after taking charge
- Bihar Opposition attacks Nitish over corruption charges on minister, demands his sacking
- People thought Election Commission was being 'fool-hardy' by holding Bihar polls, but we lived up to challenge: CEC Sunil Arora
- 57% Bihar ministers have declared criminal cases against them: Association for Democratic Reforms
Tejashwi Yadav emerges a star in Bihar, but the hard work begins now
How NDA changed course after a lacklustre first phase
How Central welfare schemes and EBC backing saw Nitish Kumar through
Women voters help Nitish Kumar stave off adverse factors
Will Chirag Paswan be able to retain his late father's 12, Janpath bungalow
In Jokihat, late Seemanchal stalwart Taslimuddin's sons fight it out for his legacy
Women grateful to CM Nitish Kumar, but considering other netas & parties in Bihar
Bihar election sees higher voting in districts with more migrants
Owaisi's AIMIM is making presence felt in Bihar's Kishanganj district
Narrative of performance will win over falsehood: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Shiv Sena taunts BJP over 'sacrifice' of giving Bihar Chief Minister post to ally JD(U)
- For first time in history, no Muslim in Bihar ministry
- View: What Nitish Kumar must do this term, which will define his legacy
- BJP, JDU share portfolios equally in Bihar
- Bihar: Nitish Kumar allocates portfolios, keeps home, gives Tarkishore finance
- 'Woman burnt alive in Bihar': Rahul accuses Nitish of 'hiding' incident for electoral gain
- AICC brass now faces poaching plots in Bihar
- By opting for new faces, BJP signals its focus on developing a new breed of leadership in state
- Team Nitish represents NDA’s core voters; HAM & VIP too get space
- At NDA's swearing-in ceremony, Sushil Modi looked dejected
- Tejashwi wishes Nitish Kumar on being nominated Bihar CM
- NDA family will work together for progress of Bihar: Narendra Modi
- 'Hope you remain NDA CM': Chirag's swipe in congratulating Nitish
- Nitish will be BJP's puppet: RJD's Jagdanand Singh
- Nitish Kumar: Masterful craftsman of realpolitick who believes politics is the art of possible
- Nitish Kumar returns as Bihar CM for seventh time in 20 years
- RJD to boycott Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony as Bihar CM
- People no longer see Congress as 'effective alternative': Kapil Sibal hits out at top brass
Has Bihar moved on from basics to job creation in agriculture and industry
Bihar election threw up two alternatives to Nitish Kumar
Politics of welfarism triumphs in Bihar, just about
Why Bihar matters: The end of regionalism
Is Bihar politics finally discovering life beyond caste?
In Bihar polls, is migrant discontent an iceberg nobody spotted?
Bihar manifestos rain jobs, but the reality is grim
Nitish Kumar’s shifting slot in the jigsaw puzzle that is Bihar elections
Bread, God and BJP’s gambit in the Bihar elections
Chirag Paswan’s revolt is not possible without BJP’s 'tacit support'