Donald Trump45th President, United States
Birth DetailsJune 14, 1946 | New York City, United States
Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania
$2.97 billion (as of February 18, 2020)
Donald Trump's Journey so far ...
Before you go ...
- Beginning as a summer-time engagement while attending college, Donald J. Trump started working full-time with father Fred Trump in his real estate company, Elizabeth Trump & Son, after graduating
- In 1971, Trump took control of the organisation, then majorly into residential projects development and rental in New York City’s outer boroughs, and eventually renamed it the Trump Organization
- He became the president of the organization in 1974 and his focus was on entering the luxury real estate market
- In 1976, his company purchased the run-down Commodore Hotel which was renovated and reopened in 1980 as the 1,400- bed Grand Hyatt Hotel. This project made his name as a high-end Manhattan developer
- Success followed with the 1983 opening of the Trump Tower, the Fifth Avenue high- rise which later became his residence as well as the Trump Organization headquarters
- During the ‘80s, he developed several other upscale buildings in New York City including Trump Plaza, Trump Parc, etc. and acquired the iconic Plaza Hotel and later diversified into casinos and resorts
- As per Forbes, Donald Trump was worth $1.5 billion in 1989
- The following decade began with a downturn owing to a recession in the real estate market. Many of his casinos and real estate projects including the Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Castle and the Plaza Hotel filed for bankruptcy between 1991 and 1992. Trouble continued with the businesses well until the end of the next decade
- In 1996, Trump, in partnership with the television network NBC, became the producer of the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA beauty pageants
- His real estate business revived towards the end of the ‘90s with the help of Deutsche Bank, and he developed projects such as the Trump World Tower and the Trump International Hotel and Tower
- In 2004, he produced and premiered in the reality tv series The Apprentice which was later revamped as The Celebrity Apprentice in 2008
- He started many businesses in various verticals and invested intensively in real estate in the years to come. Today, his company has real estate holdings across the globe and their buildings are synonymous with luxury and extravagance
- On June 16, 2015, he announced that he would be running for president while addressing a congregation in the Trump Tower of New York
- In May 2016, he became the Republican party nominee for the upcoming presidential election
- He was elected as the US president on November 8, 2016, beating Hillary Clinton representing the Democratic party
- On January 20, 2017, Donald Trump took oath as the 45th president of the United States
- He lost the US Presidential elections to the Democratic candidate Joe Biden in 2020
Before you go ...
- Donald Trump is the first billionaire to be elected to the White House
- In 2007, he was given a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trump has authored several books including the 1987 bestseller The Art of the Deal, Why We Want You to Be Rich and The Way to Success
Last Updated: 15/02/2021
Donald Trump News
- Donald Trump targets disloyal Republicans, repeats election lies and hints at 2024 run
- Don't bully Riyadh, Saudi columnists tell Biden administration
- View: Neera Tanden's nomination has kicked up a veritable storm. Will she survive the scrutiny?
- NYSE begins move to delist Chinese state oil producer CNOOC
- Explosion strikes Israeli-owned ship in Middle East amid tension
- At pivotal moment in Afghanistan war, Joe Biden weighs a dilemma``This would be a highly risky, and even dangerous, approach that could foment more conflict than it resolves and create the sort of threats that imperil U.S. security. It would most likely result in a new chapter of civil war, not unlike the one that erupted in the 1990s and led to 9/11,'' it said, referring to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States that prompted a U.S. invasion of Afghanistan a month later.
- Question on GSP in India is very high on my radar: USTR nominee“On your question on GSP in India, let me just say that if confirmed, this is very high on my radar,” Katherine C Tai said, responding to a question from Senator Maria Cantwell who raised the issue of high retaliatory tariffs imposed by India on several American products after US terminated GSP privileges of India.
- US President believes it's important to modernise immigration system: White House
- Biden lifts Trump-era ban blocking legal immigration to US
- Huawei, controversial in the West, is going strong in the Gulf
- Trump ban case: Facebook oversight board says it received appeal from ‘user'
- Prime Minister Modi biggest rioter, worse fate than Donald Trump awaits him, says Mamata
- Donald Trump predicts Tiger Woods' return; Obama says never count Tiger out
- UAE weapons maker EDGE wants in on F-35 supply chain
- Joe Biden attempt to resurrect Iran nuke deal off to bumpy startHaving made several significant overtures to Iran in its first weeks in office, the administration's outreach has been all but shunned by the Iranians. They had already rejected Biden's opening gambit: a U.S. return to the deal from which President Donald Trump withdrew in 2018 if Iran resumes full compliance with its obligations under the accord.
- US top court allows release of Donald Trump tax records to prosecutors
- U.S. Supreme Court to review Trump's 'public charge' immigration rule
- United States top general, Kenneth McKenzie, urges Iran restraint amid efforts to restart talks
- Can we avoid another coronavirus pandemic?
- China urges US to lift trade restrictions, stop interference
- UN experts: Donald Trump ally, UAE firms violated Libya sanctionsAmerican security contractor Erik Prince, a close ally of former U.S. President Donald Trump, violated the U.N. arms embargo against Libya along with three United Arab Emirates-based companies and their top managers during an operation to help a rebel military commander take the capital Tripoli, U.N. experts said.
- Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Extreme weather testing Joe Biden's disaster management skills
- Splitsville for Kimye: Kim Kardashian files for divorce from Kanye West after 6.5 yrs of marriage
- Why the US rejoining the Paris climate accord matters at home and abroad- 5 scholars explain
DisclaimerThe content of this page has been aggregated from multiple websites. Some information can change over the passage of time.