- Infibeam Avenues recorded highest ever digital payment processing in Q2
Its revenue is up 50% to touch Rs 154 crore, quarter-on-quarter despite very low contribution from aviation, travel & tourism, hotel and en...
- AGS Transact, Utimaco partner to provide cyber-defence technology for digital payments
The partnership marks AGSTTL's foray into cybersecurity solutions, which will be offered on a hosted model as well as on a 'sales' model.
- India’s fintech ecosystem
- Google, Walmart hit by India's move to limit some digital payments players
Google's criticism came after India's flagship payments processor the National Payments Corp of India (NPCI) on Thursday said third-party p...
- Increased digital payment to better assess country's GDP: Nirmala Sitharaman
“As we move towards digital transactions, we expect that the temptation for dealing with cash will be brought down, and if each of these tr...
- IBA, PCI in talks to set up regulatory body for digital payments
This will be under the Reserve Bank of India's newly issued Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) framework for Payment System Operators.
- RBI announces a slew of measures to boost digital payments
For making digital payments more accessible, a pilot for offline-based payments, which wouldn’t require Internet connectivity, is being pla...
- Infibeam Q2 results: Net profit falls 35%; co to invest in So Hum Bharat Digital Payments
The company has also decided to invest in So Hum Bharat Digital Payments to apply to the RBI for a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) license for re...
- FASTag users in the country breach two crore-mark as more people opt for digital payments
The highways ministry in July last year had asked the National Highways Authority of India for conversion of all toll lanes at all national...
- Need framework to tackle digital payment frauds: DSCI-PayPal India report
The report has highlighted various emerging and existing fraud risk scenarios relating to digital payments and the approaches Indian regula...
- Cash in the banking system
- Digital payments soar manifold in 5 years to FY20: RBI
Between 2015-16 and 2019-20, digital payments have grown at a compounded annual growth rate of 55.1 per cent - from 593.61 crore in the yea...
- Digital payments industry rails against NPCI's 30% cap on third-party UPI apps
Walmart-owned PhonePe and Google Pay, which currently dominate the UPI channel with each processing more than 40% of its volumes in October...
- Cashfree secures $35 million in Series B funding led by Apis and Y Combinator
The capital would be used predominantly for enhancing the product and technology as the company looks to scale its business.
- MDR waiver will hit digital payments ecosystem, says NPCI CEO
The NPCI is currently discussing the possibility of bringing back MDR with the government.
- Digital payments exploding in India, but tech-savvy teens still paying with cash
The top three things Gen-Z is buying online are food, clothes and accessories.
- BharatPe displays 'Indian' tag, dares Paytm, PhonePe
BharatPe, a merchant payments startup, has been distributing flyers and pamphlets showing Paytm with Chinese flags and PhonePe with US flag...
- Guidelines likely to be eased for payments banks eyeing SFB status
The internal working group has suggested that the payment banks be allowed to convert to SFBs after three successful years of operation ins...
- Eight banks suffer a higher rate of failure in digital transactions
The failure rate is being seen as a concern in the fintech and payments sector ahead of the full-scale launch of WhatsApp Pay